Synthetic Grass Turf Roof Top Multi-Use Sports Field with AirDrain, what drains better than air?
The ACEC (American Council of Engineering Companies) presented a silver award honoring outstanding professional design for the university’s ground-breaking and innovative synthetic turf roof top sports field and garage.
“This recognizes the innovative creativity that WPI has that goes beyond the classroom into practicing what you preach,” says Alfredo DiMauro, Assistant Vice President of Facilities. http://bit.ly/1olIvsJ or http://wp.wpi.edu/dailyherd/2014/03/31/green-wins/
WPI web site : https://www.wpi.edu/about/locations/rooftop-field
The consistent Gmax and Shock Attenuation properties of the AirDrain are major contributors to the safety of your players and the reduction of concussions. Unlike traditional shock pads or e-layers AirDrain is 1” high has a 92% air void and a 100% vertical drainage rate.
AirDrain’s ability to drain water cannot be matched by any other product in the industry.
AirDrain Drainage Grid reduces Gmax by approximately: (per Architect/Engineer)
18.9% on a gravel subbase and 14.7% on a concrete subbase
Some of the Benefits of an AirField Synthetic Turf Drainage System include:
- AirDrain creates and helps maintain a constant Gmax for Synthetic Turf
- ASTM testing proves AirDrain’s shock absorption properties reducing GMAX
- Only needs a .25% slope for effective drainage ASTM D4716 Testing http://bit.ly/2cQUREL
- Patented expansion and contraction built into every part
- AirDrain is only limited by the drainage capacity of the profile above it and the exit drains capacity
- AirDrain can be reused when the synthetic turf must be replaced