AirDrain Agronomic Natural Grass Golf Drainage for Putting Greens Bunkers Tee Boxes and Fairways
What Drains Better than Air?
“Our agronomic natural grass drainage system works in any design with a sand based profile”
A research project conducted at Texas A&M, concluded that you can greatly reduce your irrigation frequency and needs by up to 40%. Using AirField Systems Agronomic AirDrain Natural Grass Golf Drainage.
The five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M, AirField Systems and the United States Golf Association.
The data from the research showed that the AirField Systems golf drainage profile can provide up to three more days of plant available water than a USGA recommended gravel and sand profile. AirDrain creates it’s own almost perfect perched water table. No special watering techniques needed.
Here is the ASTM D4716 Flow Rate per Unit Width and Hydraulic Transmissivity Testing for actual drainage capacity, at an 1/2% slope. The AirDrain will actually drain 171 per hour.
No other product comes close! http://bit.ly/2cQUREL
The ASTM D4716 was done with 2 metal plates top and bottom and the grid tilted at a 1/2% slope. This is the only way to be able to claim drainage per hour. Don’t letem kid ya ! If they don’t have this test ask them why?
In a cost value performance and ease of installation proposition no other product comes close!
In addition, AirDrain by AirField Systems significantly saves on installation time because much less excavation is required compared to the traditional gravel drainage layers that have a much deeper profile.
AirDrain arrives on site in 53” trailers, palatalized and ready for install. Unlike gravel drainage, with AirDrain there is no need for heavy dump trucks that can compact your golf course.
AirDrain Bunker Drainage System
Before you build or renovate a bunker, READ BELOW! Don’t throw your hard earned money away, choose the easiest and best draining bunker install there is by far!
Here is the ASTM D4716 Flow Rate per Unit Width and Hydraulic Transmissivity Testing for actual drainage capacity, at a 1/2% slope. The AirDrain will actually drain 171 inches per hour. No other product comes close! http://bit.ly/2cQUREL
Cost value performance and ease of install it’s not even close!
AirDrain Bunkers and Sand Traps are:
- Simple Fast and Easy to Install using existing employees to install at your own pace.
- NO need to rework your clogged herringbone drainage system. Install over the top!
- AirDrain replaces the traditional herringbone drainage system! With AirDrain only the exit drain(s) are necessary.
- The entire bunker floor acts as a drain using gravity to pull the water through the profile. FINES SHOULD never clog the system! Remember the entire floor is a drain using gravity!
- Superior Bunker Drainage with our 1” high 92% air void allowing water to move without obstruction to the exit drain(s).
- Long lasting drainage solution. The AirDrain grid itself will retain its performance for 50+ years under a profile.
- Minimal site disturbance with far less excavation and disposal for new bunker construction.
No other product can or does out drain or outlast the AirDrain Bunker System. Pick the worst bunker on your course install our bunker. And then call back in 3 months and order enough for the rest of your bunkers!
The AirDrain Advantage
Benefits of an AirField AirDrain Golf Drainage System include:
- up to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Significant reduction of daily irrigation needs up to 40%, as told to us by our customers
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- Helps eliminate standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- Reduction in the storage foot print and transportation costs
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table
Specifications Studies and Downloads
ARCAT is a valuable resource for creating a complete set of CSI specifications.
|Golf Drainage Submittal|
|AirDrain Agronomic Drainage Natural Grass Root Zone Guidelines|
|ASTM D4716 Flow Rate per Unit Width and Hydraulic Transmissivity|
|Proper Sequencing and Orientation|
|Golf Putting Green Drainage Truck and Freight Loading Layout|
|Golf Putting Green Drainage Cross Section|
|Golf Putting Green Drainage Detail|
|Golf Putting Green Drainage Edge Detail|
|Bunker Drainage System|
|Bunker Drainage Systems Recessed|
|Golf Tee Box Drainage Cross Section|
|Golf Tee Box Detail|
|Golf Tee Box Edge Detail|
To discuss your golf drainage construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.