Natural Turf Sideline Drainage or Perimeter Drainage Brochure
AirDrain – What drains better than Air?
For Natural Turf Sideline Drainage or Perimeter Drainage:
AirDrain for the perimeter and sideline drainage is the perfect way to cheaply drain a pop up field. The AirDrain can be installed along the field perimeter in a 32” x 12” deep trench and to a collector at each end of the field. Using a USGA spec sand the trench should drain 12 to 15 inches and hour.
Here is the ASTM D4716 Flow Rate per Unit Width and Hydraulic Transmissivity Testing for actual drainage capacity, at a 1/2% slope. The AirDrain will actually drain 171 inches per hour.
The ASTM D4716 was done with 2 metal plates top and bottom and the grid tilted at a 1/2% slope. This is the only way to be able to claim drainage per hour. Don’t letem kid ya! If they don’t have this test ask them why?
The AirDrain Agronomic Sports Field Drainage Systems 100% vertical and horizontal drainage capabilities that eliminates the need for a traditional base drainage system, such as herringbone trenching or flat pipe etc. only needing perimeter or exit drains.
AirDrain brings 100% vertical drainage across your entire field, using gravity to pull and drain the water.
Watch Tim Peterson with the Arizona Cardinals on why they picked the AirDrain Agronomic Natural Grass Drainage for the stadium field!
Another advantage is that the sidelines will stay dry and playable for the sideline players and coaches. Also the turf on top of the AirDrain should be the best turf on the field.
Ease of installation and unmatched performance brings value to your project.
Benefits of an AirField System Sideline Drainage Design include:
•up to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
• Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs (as told to us by our customers)
• Healthier turf / stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
• 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
• AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer which has the impact modifier “metallocene” added to it for qualification as a “No Break” plastic, making it able to withstand extreme heat and cold and still maintain performance
• Helps eliminate standing water / simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
• Minimal site disturbance / far less excavation and disposal
• Several installation days are saved over a gravel installation
• Compact shipping which reduces overall storage and transportation costs
• AirDrain System sand profiles create its own perched water table
Need more information click on this link to view the entire brochure:
Natural Turf Sideline Perimeter Drainage Brochure
For Questions contact AirField Systems via phone at 405-359-3775 or email at:
Michael Bean – firstname.lastname@example.org or Trey Parker– email@example.com