Airfield Systems Airdrain Artificial Grass Drainage used at Worcester Polytechnics Institute’s 174k sqft. Synthetic Turf Rooftop
Worcester Polytechnic Institute installed 174,000 sqft Synthetic Turf Rooftop with Airfield Systems AirDrain Drainage stacked and bolted in layers from 1” to 3” in height to account for the differences in elevation of the garage roof surface.
Here is the ASTM D4716 Flow Rate per Unit Width and Hydraulic Transmissivity Testing for actual drainage capacity, at a 1/2% slope. AirDrain will actually drain 2 inches per minute. No other product on the market even comes close!
Weighing 3.1 pounds per 7 sqft. and its ability to hold .576 gallons per sqft. until the water can be evacuated off the synthetic turf roof top. Airfield is proud to be associated with one of the biggest synthetic turf roof top projects in the country, our product is 100% post manufactured recycled made in the U.S.A. and has a 233 psi rating unfilled.
In the end what drains better than air ?
AirDrain drainage grid brings almost a 20% reduction in GMAX on aggregate that is consistent GMAX across the entire field and stays for the life of the field . Some factors that might influence a change in GMAX would be an inconsistency of the infill or wear of the synthetic turf fibers.
Unlike traditional shock pads / e-layer the AirDrain is 1″ high, has a 92% air void. This unmatched vertical and lateral drainage all but eliminates standing water.
AirField Systems AirDrain Drainage has sustainable drainage applications for use in natural sports fields, synthetic turf sports fields, green roofing and golf courses etc.
Benefits of AirField Systems AirDrain in a green roofing system include:
- AirDrain creates and helps maintain a constant Gmax for Synthetic Turf
- Shock absorption reduces the strain on joints and ligaments
- AirDrain can be reused when the Synthetic Turf must be replaced
- Can help qualify for LEED and other green building credits
- A smaller carbon and development footprint with reduced site disturbance
- Water harvesting reclamation and reuse is easily put in place
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- Resins can be made to the following specification “Flammability UL 94, 30% Fiberglass, High Impact Flame Retardant Polypropylene Copolymer Resins”
Sports Field Consultant:
88 Chamberlain Rd
Westford, MA 01886
New England Liner Systems, Inc.
40 Westfield Drive
Plantsville, CT 06479