After over 2 inches of rain from a mid-July storm system that brought flooding downpours into Oklahoma City on July 16, 2013 Nathan Burks Field Superintendent with Total Environment was amazed at how well the Airfield Systems AirDrain Natural Turf Drainage System performs.
Nathan stopped in to check on the field conditions the morning of July 17 and was so happy with what he found that he snapped a quick picture and sent it to us.
Benefits of an AirField System Natural Turf Design include:
• up to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
• Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs (as told to us by our customers)
• Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
• 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
• AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
• Helps eliminate standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
• Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
• Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
• Compact shipping that reduces overall storage and transportation costs
• An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table
To find out more about how the AirField Systems AirDrain works please contact us at 405-359-3775.