AirDrain Agronomic Natural Turf Drainage System and Tim Peterson on Choosing the System for the Arizona Cardinals University of Phoenix Stadium
After testing AirDrain next to over 20 competing products, the Arizona Cardinals chose AirField’s drainage system for the NFL’s premier natural turf stadium. Not only has the University of Phoenix Stadium field hosted the Superbowl XLII, the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, the BCS National Championships, and NFL regular season play and numerous concerts and events.
Home of the Arizona Cardinals – Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, #1 Field in the NFL since 2006 voted by the NFLPA
In this interview, Tim Peterson, Sports Turf Manager for the Arizona Cardinals, discusses his findings after studying the superior performance of the AirField design in the Arizona heat. His explanation of how AirField’s AirDrain, creates a nearly perfect perched water table and the numerous advantages over gravel and other synthetic drainage solutions.
Will help field managers understand what to expect from the AirDrain Agronomic Natural Grass Drainage System.
Watch the interview:
Benefits of an AirField System Design include:
- up to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs by up to 40% (as told to us by our customers)
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface only needing perimeter ort exit drains
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- All but eliminates standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- Compact shipping that reduces overall storage and transportation costs
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table without peat moss or clay
- AirDrain’s sand profile and minimal organics puts it at very little risk for issues of mold or disease
To discuss your sports construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.