To date, the drainage system itself has worked flawlessly. From our observations the AirField System has the capacity to drain more quickly than other systems, yet we have experienced less localized dry spots during the summer months. This summer, during the first week of July, the entire putting surface was intentionally allowed to reach a severe drought stress condition.
Compared to other Natural Turf construction methods represented on the rest of the green, there were less localized dry spots on the AirField plot. I attribute this primarily to a deeper, healthier root system. Other potential advantages include the ability to flush the root zone more efficiently and since the AirField System replaces the gravel layer, this eliminates inconsistency in gravel materials which must be obtained from different sources in a particular region.
I believe the AirDrain Agronomic Natural Turf Drainage System is revolutionary and based on the particular needs of your clients, would fully endorse and recommend the AirField System.
I wish to thank you and AirField Systems for your continued interest in the Turfgrass Management Program at Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City and wish you continued success.
David A. Gerken
Associate Professor, Turfgrass Management
Benefits of an AirField AirDrain Sports Field System include:
- up to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs (as told to us by our customers)
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- Helps eliminate standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- Compact shipping that reduces overall storage and transportation costs
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table
– See more at: https://airfieldsystems.com/sports-field-drainage/#sthash.HJKzkeGc.dpuf