Green Roof with Synthetic Turf over the AirDrain Drainage System
AirDrain – What drains better than Air?
Green Roofing – Synthetic or Natural Turf
With limited space on office roof tops, campus, high schools and colleges are turning to rooftop sports surfaces to create multi-use green areas. Building a rooftop sports ﬁeld with an AirField System provides drainage under 100% of the playing surface, prevents ponding, infill migration and can move water efﬁciently for reuse elsewhere on campus.
Benefits of AirField in a green roofing system include:
• AirDrain creates and helps maintain a more consistent Gmax for Synthetic Turf
• ASTM testing proves AirDrain’s shock absorption properties reducing strain on joints and ligaments
• AirDrain can be reused when the Synthetic Turf must be replaced
• Can help qualify for LEED™ and other green building credits
• A smaller carbon and development footprint with reduced site disturbance
• Water harvesting reclamation and reuse is easy
• AirDrain creates a one inch air barrier on the rooftop increasing the insulating properties.
• AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic. Making it able to withstand extreme heat and cold and still maintain performance.
• Resins can be made to the following specification “Flammability UL 94, Flame Retardant, High Impact Polypropylene Copolymer Resins”
Project Designed by:
Really appreciate the effort & your help throughout this complicated project. Many more successful projects to come!
dwg. | urban architectural landscapes
912b congress ave. | austin, texas 78701
Synthetic Turf Provided and Installed By:
9601 Gray Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78758