Synthetic Grass AirDrain Drainage under NAU Recreational Field
Synthetic Grass AirDrain Drainage at Northern Arizona University Synthetic Turf Recreational Field
AirField Systems AirDrain teamed with Ayers Saint Gross Architects, CMX Sports Engineering and Valley Rain Construction to bring a 280k sqft. synthetic turf playing field project to Northern Arizona University.
AirField Systems teamed with Ayers Saint Gross Architects, CMX Sports Engineering and Valley Rain Construction to bring a 280,000 square foot synthetic turf playing field project to Northern Arizona University. No need to excavate and displace 22 inches of earth only to replace it with costly shipped in gravel with AirField’s AirDrain geocell.
NAU enjoys 100% vertical drainage with air above and below the profile and year round playability and a consistent GMAX from the AirDrain without the cost, hassle and environmental impact of traditional construction, plus AirField and Valley Rain removed and recycled 800 pallets from the job site.
To learn more about AirDrain for Sports Fields Click Here.
Benefits of an AirField for Synthetic Grass Drainage System include:
- AirDrain creates and helps maintain a constant Gmax for Synthetic Turf for the life of the project
- Shock absorption reduces the strain on joints and ligaments almost 20% reduction on aggregate
- AirDrain can be reused multiple times when the Synthetic Turf must be replaced
- Can help qualify for LEED and other green building credits
- A smaller carbon and development footprint with reduced site disturbance
- Water harvesting reclamation and reuse is possible
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier metallocene qualifying it as a “No
- AirDrain can be made to the following specification “Flammability UL 94, 30% Fiberglass Reinforced, High Impact, Flame Retardant Polypropylene Copolymer Resins” for Rooftop applications