Putting Greens, Bunkers and Tee Box Golf Course Drainage using AirDrain at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course
AirDrain for Putting Greens, Bunkers and Tee Boxes
The AirField Systems AirDrain for Golf Putting Greens installed at Robert Trent Jones, home of The President’s Cup, continues to perform since 2004. Stronger roots, healthier turf, superior drainage and the ability to make it’s own nearly perfect perched water table without organics to hold water. Make AirDrain Agronomic Natural Grass Drainage Putting Greens and Bunker Installs tough to beat!
Thru a research project conducted at Texas A&M, it was concluded that you can reduce your irrigation needs using AirField Systems AirDrain. The five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M.
The data from the research showed that the AirField Systems drainage profile provided up to three more days of plant available water than a United States Golf Association recommended gravel and sand profile.
The AirDrain Agronomic Natural Grass Drainage System has a unique ability no other system can even come close too. In that it can flush the profile quickly and efficiently anytime its needed. And needs no special watering techniques.
This practice is particularly common where salt laden irrigation water is used and in areas along the East Coast, Gulf Coast, California coast, and Desert Southwest. Click here to see an article from the USGA on the benefits of flushing the profile.
In addition, AirDrain by AirField Systems can significantly save on installation time because much less excavation is required compared to the traditional gravel drainage layers that have a much deeper profile.
AirDrain arrives on site in 53” trailers, palatalized and ready for install. Unlike gravel drainage, with AirDrain there is no need for heavy dump trucks that can compact your course.
Benefits of an AirField System Design for a Putting Green include:
- up to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs (as told to us by our customers)
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- Helps eliminate standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- Compact shipping that reduces overall storage and transportation costs
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table without peat moss or clay
- AirDrain’s sand profile and minimal organics puts it at very little risk for issues of mold or disease
To discuss your putting green, bunker and golf course construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775