AirDrain Drainage under Synthetic Grass Turf Roof Top Sports Field at Yeshiva Ktana of Passaic Girls Club
Green Roofing – Synthetic or Natural Turf
With limited space on campus, high schools and colleges are turning to synthetic turf rooftop sports surfaces to create multi-use green areas. Building a synthetic turf rooftop sports ﬁeld with an AirField System provides drainage under 100% of the playing surface, prevents infill migration and ponding, and moves water efﬁciently for reuse elsewhere on campus.
Over 3,000,000 + square feet of AirDrain rooftop drainage system installed and counting.
Natural Turf- Chesapeake Energy 74,000 sqft. Synthetic Turf- Escuela Campo Alegre 76,000 sqft. and WPI “Worcester Polytechnics Institute” 174,000 sqft.
Benefits of AirField in a green roofing system include:
- AirDrain creates and helps maintain a more consistent Gmax for Synthetic Turf
- ASTM testing proves AirDrain’s shock absorption properties reducing strain on joints and ligaments
- AirDrain can be reused when the Synthetic Turf must be replaced
- Can help qualify for LEED™ and other green building credits
- A smaller carbon and development footprint with reduced site disturbance
- Water harvesting reclamation and reuse is easy
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic. Making it able to withstand extreme heat and cold and still maintain performance.
- Resins can be made to the following specification “Flammability UL 94, Flame Retardant, High Impact Polypropylene Copolymer Resins”
To discuss your sports construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.