Synthetic Turf with AirDrain Installed over Cement Tennis Courts at Community Youth Center
AirDrain Synthetic Turf Drainage Doubles as a 100% Vertical Drainage Layer and Shock Pad.
With an ASTM F355-10a: Standard Test Methods for Shock-Absorbing Properties of Playing Surface Systems and Materials resulted in a 14.7% reduction in GMAX over a cement base.
Whether installed on an aggregate base, concrete or asphalt the AirDrain for Synthetic Turf drainage helps provide you with consistent Gmax and shock attenuation properties which are a major contributor to the reduction of concussions and the safety of your players.
Some factors that might influence a change in GMAX would be an inconsistency of the infill or wear of the synthetic turf fibers.
Unlike traditional shock pads or e-layers the AirDrain is 1″ high, has a 92% air void and a vertical and lateral drainage rate which cannot be matched by any other product in the industry.
Benefits of an AirField system include:
- AirDrain creates and helps maintain a constant Gmax for Synthetic Turf
- Shock absorption reduces the strain on joints and ligaments
- AirDrain can be reused when the Synthetic Turf must be replaced
- Can help qualify for LEED and other green building credits
- A smaller carbon and development footprint with reduced site disturbance
- Water harvesting reclamation and reuse is possible
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier metallocene qualifying it as a “No
Community Youth Center
2241 Galaxy Court, Concord, CA 94520
Telephone: (925) 671-7070
Fax: (925) 685-0582
Installer on the Project :
Alan Krausen – The Turf Authority
Arizona – California – Nevada