AirPave Grass Paving System and AirDrain Drainage System Product Line Up
Click to view drawings and guidelines on CADdetails
ARCAT® AirField Specifications ARCAT is a valuable resource for creating a complete set of CSI specifications.
To start this is how easy the grid goes together !!
Since 2002, AirField Systems has designed and manufactured the most advanced geocell product for modern construction. Made in America of 100% recycled post-manufactured content, AirDrain and AirPave from AirField Systems are the superior choices for:
- Sports Field Drainage for Artificial Grass or Natural Grass
- Golf Drainage or Putting Greens, Bunker Drainage and Tee Box Drainage
- Grass Paving for Grass Pave Fire Lanes, Porous Flexible Paving and Over Flow
- Green Roofing for Balconies and Roof Top Drainage using Natural Grass or Artificial Grass over 5 million sqft. installed over 16 years!
- K9 Areas for Dog Runs, Pet Play Areas and Pet Relief Areas over 500+ installed no other product comes close! Period!
- Many more
Previously, drainage cells were difficult to assemble, costly to ship and extremely expensive. Now, with AirPave’s patented quick connectors assembly is a snap. What’s more, the AirPave geocell nests (like red solo cups) and stacks for efficient shipping and storage.
All of this at an incredible price makes AirPave the superior geocell for any porous paving project.
From fire lanes, overflow, and event parking, to temporary and stadium parking, the AirPave grass pave system delivers. The incredibly strong AirPave geocell prevents rutting from traffic and protects grass roots from damage.
AirPave Grass Paving Product Overview:
- AirPave can save the owner up to $0.80 per square foot or more over our competitors. Fertilizer included with a Guaranteed Federal Analysis
- Up to 40% cost savings on shipping, when compared with rolled grass paving systems
- AirPave has been installed in over 400+ projects
- AirPave is made from 100% recycled injection-molded polypropylene plastic units with an impact modifier added to achieve a (NO-BREAK) plastic classification and a minimum 3% carbon black added for UV protection.
- Loading ability is equal to 233 psi empty capacity and 6,747 psi when filled with sand.
- AirPave is palatalized at 7 sq. ft. per part 114 parts per pallet and about 798 sq. ft. per pallet. Unit weight = 3.10 lbs, volume = 8% solid
AirDrain Drainage System for Artificial Grass
AirField Systems AirDrain Drainage grid creates a GMAX/HIC that is consistent across the entire artificial grass playing surface. Unlike traditional shock pads or e-layers the AirField Systems AirDrain grid is 1″ high, extremely light weight at 3.1 lbs per 7 sqft., 233 psi (unfilled) and has a 92% air void, giving it unmatched vertical and lateral drainage.
AirDrain Agronomic Natural Turf Drainage System:
AirDrain Agronomic Drainage for Natural Grass also creates an almost perfect perched water table, on the bottom of the sand profile to promote healthy root growth for natural grass surfaces.
A five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M, AirField Systems and the United States Golf Association.
Benefits of an AirField System Drainage Design include:
- up to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Can significantly reduce daily irrigation needs by up to 40% (as told to us by our customers)
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface / unmatched profile flushing abilities
- Helps eliminate standing water and all but eliminates infill migration
- Minimizes site disturbance / with far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- An AirDrain Agronomic System sand profile creates an almost perfect perched water table
With 7 U.S. patents AirField Systems has enjoyed tremendous success all over the world. AirField continues to be an innovator and is utilized in a variety of green building markets.