Sports Field Drainage System for Natural Turf and Synthetic Turf
Since 2002, AirDrain has been the leading product for green sports building saving time, cost and the environment, while making sports fields safer. With installations worldwide, AirDrain is the proven modern sports field agronomic drainage system for natural turf, and the NFL Player’s #1 Field Choice at the University of Phoenix Stadium since 2006 and running.
No other system comes close in price value and performance.
The AirDrain Sports Field Drainage Systems 100% vertical and horizontal drainage capabilities eliminates the need for traditional base drainage systems, such as herringbone trenching or flat pipe etc. only needing perimeter or exit drains. To achieve 100% vertical drainage across your entire field, also using gravity to pull and drain the water.
Thru a research project conducted at Texas A&M, it was concluded that you can significantly reduce your irrigation needs using AirField Systems AirDrain. The five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M, AirField Systems and the United States Golf Association.
The data from the research showed that the AirField’s Agronomic System and drainage profile provided between one to three more days of plant available water than a United States Golf Association recommended gravel and sand profile.
The AirDrain Sports field Drainage System has a unique ability no other system has in that it can flush the profile quickly and efficiently anytime its needed. And needs no special watering techniques. This practice is particularly common where salt laden irrigation water is used and in areas along the East Coast, Gulf Coast, California coast, and Desert Southwest. Click here to see an article from the USGA on the benefits of flushing the profile.
AirDrain Synthetic Turf Sportsfield Drainage Doubles as a Drainage Layer and Shock Pad
Whether installed on an aggregate base, concrete or asphalt the AirDrain drainage grid helps provide you with a consistent GMAX across the entire field. All but eliminating infill floating, migration and standing water.
Unlike traditional shock pads / e-layer the AirDrain is 1″ high, has a 92% air void. This unmatched vertical and lateral drainage all but eliminates standing water even at a 0.25% slope.
There is a big difference between real world drainage and manufacturers claims. AirDrain drainage can’t be beat by anyone’s product period.
AirDrain can also be used for multiple turf replacements!
The AirDrain Advantage
Benefits of an AirField AirDrain Sports Field Drainage System include:
- 1 to 3 more days of plant available water stored in the root zone (depending on climate)
- Significantly reduces daily irrigation needs (as told to us by our customers)
- Healthier turf / Stronger root system (as told to us by our customers)
- 100% Vertical Drainage under the entire playing surface
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- Helps eliminate standing water / Simplifies maintenance (as told to us by our customers)
- Minimal site disturbance / Far less excavation and disposal
- Several Installation days are saved over a gravel installation
- Compact shipping that reduces overall storage and transportation costs
- An AirDrain System sand profile creates its own perched water table
Specifications, Studies and Downloads
Sports Field Drainage – Agronomic and Natural Turf Drainage System
Sports Field Drainage – Synthetic Turf Drainage
Synthetic Turf No Rubber Infill Solutions
To discuss your sports construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.