AirDrain Green Roof Drainage – What drains better than air !
No other system comes close in installation, price value and performance!! With over 2 million sqft. installed across the nation let us show you how easy and cost effective it is to use AirDrain!
AirDrain geocell has patented expansion and contraction connectors built into the part and can add valuable LEED points to any green roofing project. With a unique and extremely easy to install assembly design and 100% post-manufactured recycled content. Lightweight at only 3.1 pounds per 7 square feet, with a rating 33,552 psf. AirDrain is the ideal drainage medium for rooftop applications whether decorative or in constant use.
Move water rapidly or capture it for retention with AirDrain 92% air void and 400 drainage notches on each side of the part, it’s easy. No other product stacks and ships more compactly, reducing the number of trucks and the amount of fuel required to transport to the green roof job site typically to 2 trucks.
Build a better green roof with AirDrain. What drains better than air !
The Airfield Systems AirDrain grid helps create a HIC and GMAX that is consistent across the entire field.
Unlike traditional shock pads or e-layers the AirDrain grid is 1″ high, extremely light weight at 3.1 lbs per 7 sqft., 233 psi (unfilled) and has a 92% air void. It’s vertical and lateral drainage unmatched in the industry, all but eliminates standing water and moisture trapped on the rooftop.
A research project conducted at Texas A&M, has concluded that you can greatly reduce your irrigation needs using AirField Systems AirDrain. The five year research project was jointly funded by the United States Golf Association and AirField Systems and was a collaborative effort between Texas A&M, AirField Systems and the United States Golf Association.
The data from the research showed that the AirField Systems drainage profile provided between one to three more days of plant available water than a United States Golf Association (USGA) recommended gravel and sand profile.
The AirDrain Advantage
Benefits of AirField Systems AirDrain in a green roofing drainage system include:
- AirDrain creates and helps maintain a constant Gmax for Synthetic Turf
- Shock absorption reduces the strain on joints and ligaments
- AirDrain can be reused when the Synthetic Turf must be replaced multiple times
- Can help qualify for LEED and other green building credits
- A smaller carbon and development footprint with greatly reduced excavation and site disturbance
- Water harvesting reclamation and reuse is easy
- AirDrain is a 100% recycled copolymer with the impact modifier “metallocene” qualifying it as a “No Break” plastic
- An AirDrain System sand profile is the only system that creates its own almost perfect perched water table
- No other product comes close to being able to flush the profile as quickly and efficiently as AirDrain
Resins can be made to the following specification “Flammability UL 94 Medium Impact Flame Retardant Polypropylene Copolymer Resins”
Specifications, Studies and Downloads
ARCAT is a valuable resource for creating a complete set of CSI specifications.
Green Roof – Rooftop Drainage
To discuss your green roof construction project, call AirField Systems at (405) 359-3775.
A design with AirDrain should always insure the integrity of what is below the grid, especially any water proofing materials for the life of the project. AirDrain is a sub surface drainage layer. And is not a sub base in anyway, it will only reflect what it sits on top of.